There is overwhelming scientific evidence that toxic chemicals accumulate in our bodies from poisonous metals, agriculture pesticides, and chemicals in the foods we eat. These substances slowly build up over time and are stored in the cells of our bodies. Such toxins can cause significant damage by destroying cells and disrupting cellular metabolism. So detoxifying is essential for good health… But it doesn't have to be grueling! One of the best ways is to take a whole foods approach. Here are the best foods for detox!
20 Best Foods For Detox
1. Lemons and Limes
3. Green Tea
Toxic build-up leads to undesirable inflammatory conditions. Flushing the free radicals helps to keep the toxins, and thus inflammation, at bay. Mainly, Turmeric helps with the digestion of sugar, fats, and oils. It cleanses the blood and lymphatics and eases the inflammation as well as clears and decongests the liver, and bile ducts. Simultaneously Turmeric protects the liver from cancer.
Add a teaspoon of ground organic turmeric to your milk, soups, and stews. Turmeric is the main ingredient in all curries.
Consume black pepper with turmeric to boost latter's detoxification potential by 2,000%.
CLEAN EATING 101: Kicking the Junk Food Habit in 30 days!
Take the Next Step & Make a Plan to Eat a Clean, Whole, Plant-Based Diet Beginning Today
Enter your Name & Email to .
5. Mung Beans
6. Leafy Green Vegetables
Pick from a wide array of leafy greens like spinach, watercress, cilantro, arugula, and bok choy. As a rule, the darker the green is, the better the detoxification process will be. All leafy greens are rich in vitamins and minerals and very cleansing to the blood and lymphatics.
Still, choose the organic variants to ensure that you are not piling up more toxins. Enjoy them raw or cooked… add them to your salads, juices, smoothies, and soups.
7. Beets and Carrots
16. Cruciferous Veggies
Akin to grapefruit, apples also contain pectin. This fiber helps to keep your gut clean, which helps the liver to function better. Remember, one of the main ways the body rids itself of toxins is through the liver.
Apple seeds are toxic and should not be eaten.
Ideally seen, water should top the best foods for detox list. And, why not? 60% if the human body consists of water. And, in the absence of adequate hydration, your body loses its potential to function the optimal way. While 64 ounces of water is water you should at least drink, you need to up your intake based on your diet and exercise levels.
Fresh spring or well water is usually the best form of water to take. Tap water is chlorinated and devitalized and my aggravate toxic conditions. Water is best taken at room temperature or hot. Cold or ice water weakens the digestive fire and clogs the channels of the body.
Why Thrive Market?
Do you know about Thrive Market?
It's an online health food market selling organic groceries and natural health and beauty products. All I can say is that I've become a wholehearted supporter over the last year! In fact, I recently wrote a review of Thrive Market to spread the word. Here's why…
- Products at Thrive Market are typically 25-50% less expensive than if you were to purchase the exact same item at Whole Foods or your local market. They even have Amazon's prices beat!
- They have continuous promotions that enable you to save even more money or get free gifts. For example, clicking this link will get you a free bottle of maple syrup.
- If you use this link, you can save another 25% off your first order and get free shipping – This is in addition to the 25-50% off you'll already be saving.
- It's quick and convenient – My orders arrive typically within 2 days. For example, if I order on Monday, my box arrives on Wednesday… And they have free nationwide delivery!
- Thrive Market is a socially conscious platform with a social mission. For every member on their site, the company also sponsors a free membership for a low-income family make healthy food available for all! How cool is that?