Imagine a day where you wake up with tons of energy. Your body is light, and you spring out of bed, feeling great about your weight and health.
Additionally, your weight issues are gone, and your appetite is excellent, your body feels good, and you look radiant and feel vibrant.
Then you notice you're happy and not stressed, your allergies have vanished, and you haven't had a cold or flu for a long time. Sound Good?
Great, then stay with me please…because I'm going to show you how to lose weight with Ayurveda.
How to Lose Weight With Ayurveda?
If you tried for years to lose weight and haven't been successful in reaching your optimum weight, I'm going to help you learn how to lose weight with Ayurveda and keep it off permanently and never have to diet again.
When you lose weight with Ayurveda, the weight stays off permanently as long as you're following a lifestyle in tune with the rhythms of nature.
Ayurveda has so much to offer anyone in search of a long, healthy, happy life free of the chronic diseases excess weight can cause.
It's is a five thousand-year-old health care system that can help you to detoxify your body and lose weight in a healthy way.
Ayurveda is a practice where your health and well-being are the catalysts for losing weight. You'll not only lose the unwanted pounds for good; you will stay much healthier throughout your life.
The Best Diet Is Your Way of Life
Ayurveda is so effective because it's not just a weight loss system…it's a way of life.
If you want to reach and stay at your optimal size and weight, your diet has to be a lifestyle, not a fad.
Because diets don't work, at least not long term, the weight does not stay off permanently.
As soon as you resume to life, as usual, the pounds come right back, and you often gain back the weight plus more.
It doesn't mean that you can't ever indulge in some of your comfort foods again… Instead, it just means that you know the difference between the foods acceptable for everyday eating and those that are enjoyed on special occasions.
And it means that most of the time, you are going to stick with habits that are supportive of your health.
Ayurveda Is Your Permanent Solution
Sometimes you may take two steps forward and one step backward, and that's okay because when you're even one step ahead, you'll gain momentum.
When you gain even a little momentum, and you know without a shadow of a doubt that you feel so much better when you have good habits, then you'll start to lose the weight permanently.
The secret to permanent weight loss is to allow yourself the time you need to reach your weight loss goal.
Moderate weight loss, in a way, at a steady pace, is a healthy approach.
Again, fad diets may help you lose weight fast, but Ayurveda is the one that offers a permanent solution, not a quick fix.
What Is The Secret To Permanent Weight Loss?
1. Body Types: Find you Doshas
The first thing to acknowledge is that you have a particular body type. Ayurveda teaches that each of us is made of the five elements; Ether, Air, Fire, Water & Earth.
The elements combine, connect, and intertwine with each other to create energies called doshas.
The doshas are responsible for all form and structure in the body, which is why everybody looks and is shaped differently.
Knowing your body type will give you the information you'll need for finding and maintaining a healthy weight for you.
You are the key.
2. Improve Digestion and Elimination: Know Your Agni
The second thing to understand is that your body has a unique digestive fire.
In Ayurveda, the digestive fire is called Agni.
Your Agni is responsible for all metabolic activity and is the key to losing weight. (This is where the English word “ignite” originates.)
If your metabolic fire fails to work correctly, you will have difficulty taking off the pounds. The secret to permanent weight loss is to improve your digestion and elimination.
What are the Basics of an Ayurvedic Diet?
Here are the basics of an Ayurvedic diet to help with weight loss:
- Eat a variety and abundance of fresh fruits and vegetables. The foods should primarily be non-GMO, organic, seasonal, cooked, and well-spiced. Organic because you don't want pesticides accumulating in your body, and GMO's are just wrong…for you and the environment.
- Cooked and warm foods have a different effect on the body than cold food. Warm, cooked food is more easily digested than cold foods. Cold food can suppress digestion and takes more Agni power (fire) to digest, while warm food is easier to digest.
- Avoid all processed, prepackaged, or microwaved food. They are one of the most sodium-laden foods in the world and contain a high concentration of sodium and chemicals so they can stay on the shelf longer.
- Eat less dairy because it can be difficult to digest. There are so many healthy nut milk alternatives.
- Eat less gluten (i.e., wheat) because they are more challenging to digest, especially if your digestion is already sluggish.
- Avoid all commercial yogurts. Commercial yogurt is difficult to digest, and the beneficial lactobacilli are worthless because most likely, the product has been sitting on the shelf for weeks.
- If you eat meat, take small portions of lean protein.
If you need more help on how to plan a healthy diet, you can find it here.
What Are The Best Ayurveda Eating Habits?
Do not skip meals or set your daily calorie intake too low, or otherwise, your body will store the calories as fat instead of burning them.
Eat your three meals per day and do not eat or snack between meals. Fasting between meals will force your body to burn stored fat.
1. Ayurvedic Breakfast
The first meal of the day should only be large enough to carry you to lunch without snacking.
The aim of breakfast is just to get you to lunch without hunger pangs.
Warm cooked cereals or apples, pears, figs, and prunes are highly suggested.
Try stewing apples with cinnamon and cardamom for a delicious, nutritious start to your day. If you exercise before breakfast, it will help you to sustain energy.
2. Ayurvedic Lunch
Make lunch the most substantial meal of the day.
Ayurveda follows the rhythms of nature, and just as the sun is highest and hottest at noon, so too is your digestive fire.
Make sure to include basmati rice, (lightest and most balancing grain) vegetables, whole grains, flatbread, lean protein if you need it, and warm ginger tea.
3. Ayurvedic Supper
Make your evening meal, supper, a supplemental meal.
Eat this meal before the sun sets, around 6 pm. As the day comes to a close and the sun sets, so too does your internal fire or metabolism.
Eating a heavy meal after the sun sets will make it nearly impossible for you to make serious progress with your weight loss.
When the body cannot digest completely, the result is toxins, fat accumulation, and excess weight.
Do not eat your evening meal later than 7 pm. After your evening meal, you will fast until breakfast.
Clear soups (non-cream) and stews are excellent choices for supper in the colder months; salads are recommended in warmer months.
Healthy Ayurvedic Diet For Weight Loss
- Stop drinking sodas. They contain 8-10 teaspoons of sugar, and they are horrible for your health.
- Reduce alcoholic beverages. Alcohol has a lot of empty calories. A glass of wine can sometimes be beneficial for digestion for some body types, but moderation is key.
- Start every day with warm lemon water. Squeeze 2-3 TBS of fresh lemon into a large glass of water for better liver function and improved digestion. Wait 15 minutes before you eat anything else if possible. The vitamin C will balance the body's pH and help eliminate toxins.
- Sip hot water throughout the day.
- Always eat in a calm atmosphere.
- Chew your food well.
- Do exercise. All exercise helps in lightening your heaviness and firing up your Agni, so find something you enjoy and stick to it. It can even be light exercise like yoga, swimming, walking, sun salutations, tai chi for 15-20 minutes a day. The key is to find something you enjoy and be consistent.
Tasty Ayurvedic Herbs and Spices for Weight Loss
- Use these weight reducing spices generously in your cooking: ginger, cumin, mustard seed, cayenne, black pepper.
- Ginger – Ginger is the most wonderful herb to spark the digestive fire. It's especially effective when taken as a tea 20 minutes before meals; ginger works by activation of saliva glands, promoting the production of digestive enzymes.
- Triphala – Take 2-4 capsules of Triphala before bedtime. Triphala is 3 fruits; Amalaki, Bibhataki, Haritaki. It will enhance the process of digestion, help with bowel movement and cleanse the body from the inside out. It's a natural antioxidant.
- Guggul – Guggul is a resin and remedy for elimination of body fat. It helps to lower cholesterol and affects the thyroid gland.
In Order to Change, YOU have to Change
Making these positive changes over a period of time.
Pick one or two things and incorporate them until they feel as natural as brushing your teeth.
To change you have to change, and the fact that you are here now shows you have the potential and desire to improve the quality of your life.
You have enormous power to change your habits, the way you eat and live your life. All the power is within you.