Nutrients in Pure Maple Syrup
Keep reading if you want to learn about the health benefits of pure maple syrup and how it can be nutritious for you.
The Health Benefits of Pure Maple Syrup
1. Alternative to Sugar
How to Use Pure Maple Syrup as an Alternative to Sugar
Recipes That Work Great with Maple Syrup
Other Alternatives to Sugar
2. Pure Maple Syrup is an Antioxidant
CLEAN EATING 101: Kicking the Junk Food Habit in 30 days!
Take the Next Step & Make a Plan to Eat a Clean, Whole, Plant-Based Diet Beginning Today
Enter your Name & Email to .
- High Fructose Corn Syrup
- Corn Syrup
- Artificial flavors
- Potassium Sorbate (Preservative)
- Sodium Hexametaphosphate
- Caramel coloring
3. It’s Better For Your Immune System than White Sugar
4. It has Male Reproductive System Benefits
5. It’s Healthier For Your Heart than White Sugar
6. It’s WAY Better For Your Skin than White Sugar
7. Can Reduce Inflammation
Healthy Ways to Use Maple Syrup
There are a lot of healthy and nutritious ways to use pure maple syrup. Here are a few ideas to substitute maple sugar for white table sugar… And one of my favorite healthy snack recipes for Breakfast Cookies from Thrive Market: Yes, you can have THESE cookies for breakfast! 🙂
- Enjoy a little maple syrup in your coffee or tea
- Have a bowl of fruit with a teaspoon of maple syrup, instead of a bowl of ice cream
- Top your oats with maple syrup and fresh berries
- Make a smoothie with greens, fruit, Greek yogurt, almond milk, and maple syrup
- Put your syrup on 3-ingredient pancakes made with eggs, bananas, and cinnamon
This recipe is packed with nutrition and you have my permission to eat them for breakfast!
Yield 18-20 cookies
Active Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 25 minutes
1/4 cup pumpkin seeds
1/2 cup walnuts
1/2 cup cashews
1/4 cup shredded coconut
1 cup coconut flakes
1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
1 tablespoon flax seeds, ground
1/2 teaspoon salt
3/4 cup almonds, coarsely chopped
3/4 cup mixed goji berries, mulberries, and golden berries
3 ripe mashed bananas
1/4 cup coconut oil, melted
1 tablespoon maple syrup
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
In a blender or food processor, coarsely grind together pumpkin seeds, walnuts, cashews, and shredded coconut. Pour mixture into a large bowl and mix with coconut flakes, ground ginger, ground flax seeds, salt, almonds, and mixed dried berries.
In a small bowl, whisk together bananas, coconut oil, maple syrup, and vanilla extract. Pour mixture into dry nut and seed mixture and mix to thoroughly combine.
With a 2-inch scoop, scoop out cookies and place 1 inch apart on baking sheet. Bake for 10 – 15 minutes, rotating the sheet halfway through the baking time. When cookies are golden brown, remove from oven and let cool on baking sheet.
originally published on Thrivemarket.com/blog
Conclusion of The Health Benefits of Pure Maple Syrup
I’m so curious… What’s your relationship with sugar? Do you attempt to reduce or limit your intake? Please leave me your thoughts or comments in the comment box below.
Why Thrive Market?
Do you know about Thrive Market?
It’s an online health food market selling organic groceries and natural health and beauty products. All I can say is that I’ve become a wholehearted supporter over the last year! In fact, I recently wrote a review of Thrive Market to spread the word. Here’s why…
- Products at Thrive Market are typically 25-50% less expensive than if you were to purchase the exact same item at Whole Foods or your local market. They even have Amazon’s prices beat!
- They have continuous promotions that enable you to save even more money or get free gifts. For example, clicking this link will get you a free bottle of maple syrup.
- If you use this link, you can save another 25% off your first order and get free shipping – This is in addition to the 25-50% off you’ll already be saving.
- It’s quick and convenient – My orders arrive typically within 2 days. For example, if I order on Monday, my box arrives on Wednesday… And they have free nationwide delivery!
- Thrive Market is a socially conscious platform with a social mission. For every member on their site, the company also sponsors a free membership for a low-income family make healthy food available for all! How cool is that?
Produced & Directed by :Liza Glucoft
Director of Photography: Naeem Manaf
Editor: Stephanie Provence
Recipe and Styling by: Merce Muse