How do you make the best smoothies? Are you looking for the best blender around to make your delicious milkshakes? When you're researching what is the best blender for smoothies, the many choices might feel a little overwhelming. Doing a little research is worth your time because really, the best smoothies start with a good blender.
In order to pick the best fit for your smoothie needs, we decided to create a comparative review of 3 of our favorite blenders out there. Each one of these blenders definitely stands out for something in particular, and each model has pros and cons…but which one is the best blender for smoothies?
What Is The Best Blender For Your Smoothies?
Oster Versa BLSTVB RV0-000
This particular model is the more affordable blender of the 3 we reviewed. It has sturdy construction and works well as an all-around blender, but it may not be the best option for daily heavy duty use. (For example, if you want to juice raw vegetables and fruits every day.)
- 1400-Watt motor
- 3 Programmed settings + pulse: Smoothie/Soup/Spreads
- Variable speed dial
- Stainless-steel blade
- 64 oz BPA free plastic jar
- Tamper included
- All-metal drive
- 7 year limited warranty
- Lowest price
- Powerful 1400-watt motor
- Metal drive will last longer
- Cover has an opening that allows you to add ingredients without removing cover
- Not made in the USA (China)
- The tamper is a bit too long and if you push down all the way it hits the blade
- Markings are hard to read
- It has a short profile jar, but still doesn't fit under normal kitchen cabinet with lid on
Check out this link for more information.
Blendtec is slightly more expensive, but the bump in price also comes with a more powerful and flexible construction. It also has features that increase the versatility of the blender.
For instance, it has a smart touchscreen that enables you to walk away as it's blending. (A plus because it's noisy.)
The blades on this blender are dull, (you can't injure yourself) but do a fantastic job of pulverizing anything you want to juice. This is the blender we have and love…it's served all of our needs from smoothies to soups & sauces.
- 1560 Watt motor
- Blunt blade
- 8 year warranty
- Smart touch screen
- Medium price point
- Shorter, wider jar fits nicely under cabinet
- Easy to clean with blunt safety blade
- Has a setting just for smoothies
- Noisy (especially on high)
- You have to hold on to the blender on high or it can sometimes jump around
- Manual is minimal
- No tamper to move ingredients around if they get stuck
Vitamix 5200 Series
The Vitamin 5200 Series blender has the highest price tag, but it's also one of the most sturdy and highest rated blenders on Amazon. It's ideal for heavy duty use and daily juicing. There's very little in terms of ingredients that this blender can't process. Fibrous fruits and vegetables are easily transformed into perfectly smooth juice.
One of the most striking features of this blender is the simplicity of the controls, which allow for a very detailed operation in a very simple way.
- 1380 Watt Motor
- 64 oz BPA free container jar with spill-proof vented lid
- Commercial-grade 2 peak horsepower motor
- 7 year warranty
- Highest rated blender on Amazon by customers
- Includes a tamper (which is nice when ingredients stick)
- Rubber handle feels solid and substantial
- Highly versatile
- Simple controls
- Ten speeds
- 20″ tall (too tall to fit under most cabinets that are typically 17-18″ above countertop)
- Due to the design, ingredients can get stuck below the blade
- Loud (but not as loud as Blendtec)
- No programs
Chek out this link for more information
When you pay a premium, you are clearly getting an incredibly high quality blender that will last you for years and years…but this doesn't necessarily make it the right blender for you. Maybe you're just looking for a decent blender to use occasionally.
If this is the case, the Oster will definitely be great for the once-in-a-while smoothie lover.
The Blendtec is a great model that will serve you right in many applications, and is a great product if you are stepping up from an entry level blender. Personally, I've owned this blender for over 5 years and I've never had an issue with it.
Finally, if you are a blender-fanatic and wants lots of power and plan on juicing daily, go with the Vitamix. You can't go wrong! It's top-of-the-line.
I hope this review has helped you with your blender buying decision. Please leave me your questions and comments.
Now that you know more about the best blenders around, it's time to test some recipes… You will also need your new blender for juices and soups… Now have a look at the different tasty links below… I'm sure your are going to come back right away.
Now enjoy your new blender and have a healthy diet!