The theme for the Simply Earth Essential Oil Recipe Box for May 2021 is Natural Cleaning.
Keep reading to learn more about what's inside the Simply Earth Essential Recipe Box for May 2021 and to discover 24 ways you can use essential oils for a chemical-free home.
Ditch the Toxic Chemicals
You can scrub every room in your home, from top to bottom, but that doesn't mean your house is clean in a way that benefits your health. If you use chemical cleaners, they enter and are absorbed into your body through your nose and skin.
According to environmental experts, there are at least 62 toxic chemicals lingering in an average cleaning product. The following are some common cleaning chemicals you want to avoid:
- Quaternary Ammonium Compounds (QUATS
- Sodium Hydroxide
These ingredients can lead to adverse health conditions like:
- allergic reactions
- reproductive disorders
- hormone disruption
- and more
This is why you only want to use products with natural organic ingredients. The scary part is, even if you believe you're using natural products, manufacturers are not required to list all ingredients so it's hard to know if your products are safe. Products that contain synthetic ingredients are not only toxic to your health, but also to the health of the planet. The only way to know for sure is to have a do-it-yourself (DIY) approach.
An Allergic Reaction Caused by Chemical Compounds
The defining moment in my switch to all-natural products came early one morning when I woke up with a rash. It began on my tingle on the back of my left hand and quickly moved to my entire torso.
I ended up in my doctor's office that morning. After a few tests, I learned the rash was due to an allergic reaction caused by chemical compounds in the hand cream I was using.
After this horrid experience, I vowed to stop exposing myself to any and all products with toxic chemicals.
Unfortunately, I quickly discovered responsible products with high-quality simple ingredients are almost impossible to find. Then one of my Ayurvedic teachers told me about Simply Earth.
Simply Earth is a monthly essential oils subscription box for 100% pure high-quality essential oils. It includes recipes and almost everything you need to make your own toxic-free products.
You can read my full review here: Simply Earth Essential Oils Review
Now let's take a look at what you will get inside the Simply Earth Essential Oil Recipe Box for May 2021.
Simply Earth Essential Oil Recipe Box for May 2021
As I stated above, the theme for the Simply Earth Essential Oil Recipe Box for May 2021 is Natural Cleaning.
Inside the Simply Earth May 2021 Recipe Box You Will Find:
4 Full-Size, 100% Pure Therapeutic Grade Essential Oils
- Frankincense – Soothes the mind – strengthens immunity
- Oregano – Antibacterial, antiviral, and immune-stimulating properties
- Orange – Imparts feelings of warmth and happiness while helping with a wide range of common ailments
- Tranquility – Relaxes, and Calms – This is a blend using orange, lemon, patchouli, ylang-ylang. Here's a short video about the Tranquility blend:
Here are the 6 New Recipes You'll Get Inside May 2021 Recipe Box
Everything you need to create these products to naturally clean your home and body.
1. Herbal Surface Cleaner
Everything you need to create an all-natural countertop and surface cleaner.
2. Rose Quartz Soap
You'll get a glycerin soap base, rose clay, and the soap mold to make Rose Quartz Soap
3. Rose Sugar Scrub Soap
Summer is just around the corner and it's time to exfoliate the dry skin of winter away. Get what you need to create this Rose Sugar scrub soap to cleanse and exfoliate in the bath or shower.
4. Unwind Diffuser Blend
During these uncertain times, diffusing essential oils can be a lifesaver. This is one of my favorites because it includes Frankincense, orange, oregano, and the Tranquility blend. So calming, and it helps me release tension, soothe racing thoughts, and perfect for unwinding.
5. Depuff Ice Facial
This recipe can do wonders to reduce and soothe puffiness and improve your skin complexion. It calls for a 1/4 cup of full-fat coconut milk which is not included.
6. Let's Be Frank Roll-on
Make a roll-on using the Tranquility blend, Frankincense, and fractionated coconut oil. Apply to pulse points to support calm and honesty.
Plus you'll also get a Bonus Box with:
- Containers for your natural health products
- Extra natural ingredients you'll need to make them
- A Bonus Box, with carrier oils, bottles, stickers, and more
- FREE Delivery right to your doorstep
- A $40 Gift card with your first order
- The bonus box has tons of extras like carrier oils and bottles for all your new blends
Recap Video of Everything You'll Get Inside the Simply Earth Essential Oil Recipe Box for May 2021
Use Discount Code: MOHFREE at checkout for a $40 Gift Card Coupon
Check out Simply Earth and use Discount code: MOHFREE when you subscribe and you'll receive a $40 Discount gift card coupon with your first order and a FREE Bonus Box too!
Do not hesitate for even a second! – $159.47 Value for only $39!! Expect to pay between $50-$100 alone for just one bottle of Frankincense elsewhere! This is such an incredible DEAL! (Don't wait because this month's box will likely sell out.)
***Plus + Plus + Plus***
If you subscribe for the first time using Discount Code – MOHFREE you will receive their May Simply Earth Essential Oil Recipe Box, the Big Bonus Box (worth $40 alone), and a $40 gift card you can use toward future purchases. The $40 card will be emailed to you after making your first purchase.
“Way better than I expected!
This was my first box – I was blown away. It was so well thought out! The recipes are all easy and useful – and the forethought to include the containers needed was such a nice touch. I am an avid EO user, so I was happy to see some interesting and different oils that I didn’t have in my collection and the recipes provided me ways to use some of the staples I already have – can’t wait for the next box!!
Changing habits is not easy, especially at first. But once it becomes a habit to make your own cleaners, not only will your health risks be reduced, you will find it even more convenient than the commercial approach. It simplifies your life in a way that is freeing. Your stress is less – your home is detoxed – life is simpler and you are healthier.
24 Household Uses For Essential Oils For a Chemical Free Home
1. For a Clean-Smelling Refrigerator – Add a few drops of grapefruit, bergamot, lime, or lemongrass essential oil to a refrigerator box of baking soda the next time you clean your refrigerator. You’ll have a fresh, clean-smelling refrigerator for several months.
2. Remove Food Odors – If you have lingering food odors in your home, place a pot of water on your stove to simmer. Then add a few drops of cinnamon, clove, or any citrus essential oil to clean the air.
3. Use in Your Vacuum Bag – Get a fresh burst of clean scent every time you vacuum. Place a few drops of your favorite essential oil on a cotton ball, then drop it in your vacuum filter container or bag. You’ll get clean carpets and fresh air every time you vacuum.
4. Keep Trash Bins Smelling Fresh – Sprinkle the bottom of the bin with baking soda, add a few drops of lemon, grapefruit, or geranium essential oil, then place your bag in as usual. No more food odors!
5. Refresh Dish Sponge – Add a few drops of lemon essential oil to your dish sponge after every few uses to keep it fresh and disinfected.
6. Make a Pet Deodorizer Spray – Create your own pet deodorizer spray. Fill a small spray bottle with apple cider vinegar, then mix in ten drops of lemon, lavender, or geranium essential oil. Shake well, then spritz on the carpet, pet bedding, in the air, or anywhere pet odors are a problem.
7. Kill Mold – Eliminate mold spores in the air by using tea tree oil in your favorite diffuser.
8. Use as a Dissolving Agent – You can use lemon or orange essential oil to dissolve sticky or stubborn substances. Add a few drops to glue, chewing gum, wax, or other hard-to-remove stains, and rub.
9. Countertop Spray – Create a homemade countertop disinfectant by combining three ounces of warm water with three drops each of tea tree oil and lemon oil in a spray bottle. Use this to spray countertops to create a germ-free kitchen.
10. Produce Wash – Make your own produce wash using grapefruit or lemon essential oil. Add water to a large bowl or your sink, add several drops of oil, then soak or rinse fruits and vegetables before storing them in your refrigerator.
11. Soap Scum Dissolver – Remove soap scum from your shower naturally. In a large spray bottle, add four drops of tea tree oil and four drops of eucalyptus oil to warm water. Spray your shower, then wipe down to reduce mold and cut residue on surfaces.
12. Bathroom Scrub – You can also create your own bathroom scrub. Add one-half cup of vinegar and five drops of lime or orange essential oil to one-half cup baking soda, then immediately scrub your bathtub, shower, or sink.
13. Boost Store-Bought Natural Cleaners – If you already use natural cleansers, you can boost their cleaning and deodorizing powers by adding just a few drops of either grapefruit, lemon, or orange essential oil.
14. Keep Insects Away – Sprinkle a few drops of citronella, lemongrass, rosemary, lavender, or peppermint essential oil around doors and windows to keep flying insects at bay.
15. Universal Pest Spritz – If you have unwanted pests that you want to eliminate, combine clove and orange essential oil together, then spritz on pests to kill them on contact.
16. Cookware Cleaner – If you have burnt-on food stuck to cookware, add water and a few drops of lemon essential oil, then bring to a boil. Allow to sit until the water cools, then the food should come right off.
17. Make Carpet Powder – Clean your carpets with your own carpet powder. Add several cups of borax and 20 drops of tea tree oil together, then shake onto the carpet before vacuuming or using a carpet cleaner.
18. Keep Bedding Mite-free – Keep your bedding mite-free by adding several drops of eucalyptus essential oil and water to your next load of sheets or blankets.
19. Freshen Sheets and Towels – Add lasting fragrance to your sheets or towels, as well. Start with a clean rag or washcloth, then sprinkle this with ten to fifteen drops of your favorite essential oil. Place this in the dryer when you are drying your linens to infuse a fresh scent that will last until your next washing.
20. Carpet Deodorizer – Keep your carpets smelling fresh with a homemade carpet deodorizer. Add baking soda and several drops of lavender, lemon, peppermint, or bergamot essential oil. Sprinkle the mixture over the carpet, allowing it to rest for at least 15 minutes. Vacuum and enjoy fresh, clean carpets.
21. Eliminate Smelly Sporting Gear – If you have a child or adult in your home who plays sports, you know how smelly sports gear can get. Start with two quarts of warm water, then add two drops each of lemon and tea tree essential oil. Add four tablespoons of baking soda to this, and use this mixture to clean sports equipment, uniforms, and other musty or stinky gear.
22. Spot-Free Dishwasher Rinse – To assist your dishwasher in giving a spot-free rinse every time, add three drops of lemon essential oil to your dishwasher before beginning the wash cycle. You’ll be amazed at the difference.
23. Eliminate Toxic Paint Smell – Painting your home can give you a fresh, beautiful new look but also leave you with lingering paint odors. Add ten to twenty drops of peppermint essential oil to your can of paint before applying, and lingering odors are a thing of the past.
24. Cigarette Smoke – If you have a space that smells of cigarette smoke, try this natural solution. Combine four drops each of eucalyptus, tea tree, and rosemary essential oils into a small spray bottle. Spritz this around your home wherever smoke smells linger, and you’ll notice the difference.