Last Updated on
More and more people are looking for natural options and recipes with essential oils for their hair, skin and body care. And without a doubt, essential oils are natural little powerhouses with a lot to offer!
Some of the greatest essential oils for skin care can help with restoring and repair. Others are marvelous for nourishing and maintaining a healthy glow. Plus, with essential oils, you get the added benefit of aromatherapy for healing.
So, why don't you make your own body care recipes with essential oils?
You can make cosmetic products free of adverse chemicals. With these recipes with essential oils and other the natural ingredients, you can create your own body care products with your favorite scent.
Some people are concerned about the time requirement. But, don’t worry about that because these recipes with essential oils below are simple and straightforward.
Keep reading and then give them a try to see how creative you are! For more great tips check out our Aromatherapy & Essential Oils Guide
5 Easy Recipes With Essential Oils
1. Coconut Oil Body Moisturizer
Coconut oil has so many amazing benefits to the skin. This is the reason experts often focus on it when choosing the substance for their products.
Coconut oil plays a crucial role in moisturizing the hands, body and even face. It is useful in hydrating and preventing the dryness in your skin. Besides, the combination of the antibacterial properties and medium chain fatty acids can protect your body against harmful environmental factors. You can ease inflammation and heal the wound thanks to the antioxidant properties.
Here are directions on how to use coconut oil to create a body care recipe.
- 1/2 cup of coconut oil
- 1 cup of sugar
- 10 drops of vanilla essential oil
How to do:
- Melt the coconut oil
- Add sugar to the melted coconut oil and mix them well
- Add vanilla essential oil (or whatever essential you love) to this mixture
- Combine the mixture well and use it for body care
- Transfer to a small storage jar
2. Wonderful Whipped Body Butter
The second recipe we want to introduce is a whipped body butter.
Here we'll use shea butter as the primary element to make this body cleansing recipe.
Shea butter is the fat, extracted from the shea tree, so it has many benefits on the skin. With a large number of fatty acids and vitamins, moisturizing the dry skin is only an easy task for shea butter. Moreover, it can boost the collagen production, which can reduce the appearance of wrinkles, soften and nourish the skin.
You can also relieve inflammation with the help lupeol cinnamate, a compound in shea butter.
- ½ cup of shea butter
- ¼ cup of coconut oil
- A tablespoon of argan oil
- 3 – 4 drops of essential oil (it’s up to your favorite one such as the orange, lemon, mint, etc.)
How to do:
- Melt the shea butter and coconut oil
- Add argon oil and essential oil then mix the ingredients well
- Use an electric mixer from low to high until we get a super fluffy paste
- Use a spoon to take the mixture into the jar for storage.
3. Natural Deodorant
Body odor is one of the sensitive topics that some people ignore when talking. Imagine what will happen if the area you’re sitting reeks of your foot odor?
This problem is not hard to figure out. But, if people do not have the right treatment for it, body odor will be more severe, embarrass and drive them crazy. But there are ways you can solve this problem with home remedies. Some home remedies are effective, but others can let you down.
In this article, we want to show you helpful recipes with essential oils so you can make natural products on your own.
The recipe below has familiar ingredients. It is not only simple, it is a healthy, natural way to prevent body odor.
- 1/2 C melted coconut oil or shea butter
- 1 tablespoon of arrowroot powder
- 1 tablespoon baking soda
- 3 drops of essential oil (your choice)
How to do:
- Melt coconut oil
- Let cool and mix all ingredients well
- Add the two essential oils to the mixture
- Pour it into a jar for storage
4. Lemon Hand Scrub
If you're tired of purchasing the hand scrub at the stores which contain chemicals, try a DIY one. It not only saves money but also protects your health against the adverse factors.
With lemon as the main ingredient, it will supply an adequate moisturizer as well as brighten your skin.
Moreover, you can exfoliate dead skin cells and relieve skin irritation with the help of antiseptic and anti-inflammatory properties. See how you can do to make the hand scrub in the recipe below:
- 2½ cups of sugar
- 1/4 cup of coconut oil
- A few drops of lemon essential oil
How to do:
- Melt the coconut oil
- Wait until the coconut oil becomes cool
- Add sugar and lemon essential oil into the coconut oil
- Use a spoon to combine all the ingredients well
- Put them into a jar for storage
5. Golden Turmeric Milk
Our last recipe with an essential oil you get to ingest. Turmeric milk is also known as Golden Milk. Turmeric is a common spice used in cooking. It is also a medicinal herb used all over the world.
This loved root is a significant herb to treat many symptoms including inflammation.
Curcumin is helpful to reduce inflammation. It's also helpful for digestive problems, relieving a cough, and clarifying the skin.
- 6 oz of milk (almond, coconut or cow)
- 2 teaspoons Turmeric
- 2 teaspoons Honey
- 2 to 3 drops of ginger essential oil
How to do:
- On the stove, mix the turmeric powder with the milk of choice
- Add milk and ginger essential oil to the above mixture (video does not include this essential oil, but I suggest you add it for added benefits)
- Put the mixture in a small pot and simmer them for 10 minutes
- Turn off the stove and let it turn into warm
- Pour the honey into the golden milk, stir well and enjoy.
It’s up to your taste, but you are suggested to reheat the turmeric milk to the particular temperature you want before drinking.
I hope you enjoy these five easy recipes with essential oils for natural cleansing and body care. In case you have any questions, feel free to comment on the box below.
Don’t forget to share your result with us after making! Have fun!
Guest Author Bio
This guest post is by Emily Pham, a blogger with many years of experience in searching the best natural home remedies for beauty and health. All content provided is for informational and educational purposes.