What if you could enjoy ice cream without any guilt? Imagine a dessert that was not only healthy but also delicious. Well, this is possible with the right ingredients and this recipe!
In this blog post, we will be discussing how to make healthy ice cream using natural ingredients so you can indulge guilt-free.
The lack of lactase enzyme for many people means consuming dairy products results in poor digestion, which leads to poor health.
If you're one of these people, check out The Ultimate Guide on How to Go Dairy Free
The following recipe for healthy ice cream is dairy-free, gluten-free, Paleo-approved, and vegan-friendly.
The first thing you will need is a dairy alternative. In this blog post, we will be using full-fat coconut milk or cream to make a creamy base.
Coconut milk is the extracted liquid from coconut meant. Very good canned brands are available in Asian markets, as well as in well-stocked supermarkets.
The best brand is from Thailand, labeled Chaokoh. (Beware of similar-sounding brand names. Do not substitute heavily sweetened Coco Lopez or products labeled “cream of coconut”.
High-Quality Vanilla Bean Paste
Next, you want to use a good-quality vanilla bean paste. I highly recommend Nielsen-Massey vanilla bean paste or the seeds from a vanilla bean for this easy-to-prepare ice cream.
Not only will it give the treat a super-intense vanilla flavor, but it will also impart small brown flecks revealing the presence of real vanilla bean.
You will need a hand-powered or electric ice cream maker.
How To Make Healthy Ice Cream
with 5 Ingredients
Five Ingredient Healthy Ice Cream
- Blender, hand-held mixer or ice cream maker
- 1 tsp Pure Vanilla Extract Nielsen-Massey vanilla paste
- 1/4 Cup Maple syrup or raw honey
- 1/4 tsp Sea salt
- 1/4 Cup Almond butter
- 14 ounces Full-fat coconut milk or cream
- Break out your blender. Add coconut milk first and slowly add all the other ingredients and blend on low.
- Increase to high and blend until smooth.
- Power up your ice cream maker. Pour in your ice cream mix while the ice cream maker is turned on.
- Churn for 20-30 minutes until the mixture is firm.
- Freeze for at least an hour.
- Serve with fresh blueberries or berries of choice.
- This recipe makes 1 pint of healthy vanilla ice cream.