- Improving your complexion
- Smoothing out your skin
- Strengthening your hair and nails
- Bonus! Giving you strong healthy teeth
12 Best Foods for Healthy Skin
The first superfood that is amazing for skin and beauty, in general, is the lemon. Lemons are ideal for detoxing because they cleanse your liver and digestive system. This, in turn, can help to cleanse and revitalize your skin at the same time. The antioxidants found in lemons can reduce the appearance of wrinkles and blemishes. Even scars and age spots can become less visible with the ingestion of lemon.
Blueberries are nutrient dense and also fun to eat! They are one of the best foods for skin health because they packed full of antioxidant vitamins A, C, and E… What's important to know, is these vitamins restore your skin cells. The antioxidants in blueberries can help protect the skin cells from DNA damage caused by the sun's harmful rays.
3. Wild Salmon
4. Sweet Potatoes
Remember what I said above about digestion being supreme? Well, pineapples contain digestive enzymes making them excellent digestive stimulants. Pineapple is particularly useful for excess heat in the body. It cleanses the liver, counters acidity and is excellent at reducing inflammation.
Also, pineapple is often recommended as a detox fruit, because it helps to get rid of toxins in your body. These toxins could be affecting your skin and hair, so it is essential to get them out of your body.
- Use them to top salads for extra crunch
- Put them in a food processor to make walnut butter
- Top your pasta or rice dishes at lunch or dinner
- Have a handful of walnuts with cheese for a low-carb snack
- Mix in walnuts with baked treats like brownies or cookies