According to Ayurveda, aging is a process of drying up. When we are born we are in the Kapha phase of life. Babies are soft, watery, and squishy with mucus and liquids flowing in and out of their bodies. In fact, Kapha means “mucus”. But as we grow older, around age 50, we begin the Vata phase of life, which is made up of the qualities of air and space. The influence of these drying characteristics brings wrinkled skin, painful joints, forgetfulness, anxiety. Also, we are less fluid in our movements and often have difficulty digesting food. Here we review the Ayurveda and anti-aging course.
Ayurveda’s approach to anti-aging is to keep the body lubricated and juicy. It is known as Rasayana therapy which emphasizes holistic rejuvenation.
About Ayurveda For Aging Course
The Ayurveda & Anti-aging course teaches you how to avoid disease and degeneration using Ayurveda and Chinese Medicine.
The Ayurveda & Anti-Aging program begins with an introduction, ends with an epilogue and has 13 modules in between:
- Personal Reflections on Aging
- The Quest for Longevity
- The Prevention of Disease
- Ayurveda: Diet and Longevity
- Chinese Medicine: Diet and Longevity
- Modern Diet
- Cleansing, Fasting & Detoxification
- Mental Purification
- Concept of Ojas
- Rejuvenation: Rasayana Tantra
- Rejuvenation in Chinese Medicine
- Aging from a Scientific Point of View
- The Reality of Aging
Each module offers insights into holistic practices related to internal and external signs of aging. The program teaches you how to increase longevity and wellbeing through:
- Diet and nutrition
- Mental and physical routines
Live an Ayurveda Lifestyle
An Easy Guide to Using Ayurveda in Western Daily Life
Enter your Name & Email to .
A Holistic Solution
Ayurveda and Anti-aging is a really interesting and refreshing take on aging. The reason is that it’s not just about beauty like most anti-aging products/programs. Instead, it’s a holistic mind/body solution to help you make a plan that’s specific to your body to help you look, and more importantly feel good.
According to Ayurveda, aging requires us to manage dryness and restore Vata Dosha. And the earlier, the better if we want to reduce health problems after 50. The more we learn to manage Vata dosha the fewer challenges and imbalances we have later in life.
But Ayurveda is not just about the care of the body, it is also about the care of the mind. Stress is recognized as a contributor to disease so living a harmonious life of low stress is necessary. Ayurveda offers us an opportunity to maximize our healing potential and bring more peace and stillness into our lives.
Your Instructor Todd Caldecott
Ayurveda & Anti-aging is lead by Todd Caldecott, Dip.Cl.H., RH (AHG), CAP (NAMA). Todd is the author of Ayurveda & Anti-Aging, Holistic Nutrition and Ayurveda & Sexual Wellness. He has been in practice as a medical herbalist and practitioner of Ayurveda for over 20 years.
Ayurveda & Anti-aging is lead by Todd Caldecott, Dip.Cl.H., RH (AHG), CAP (NAMA). Todd is also the author of Ayurveda & Anti-Aging, Holistic Nutrition. He has been in practice as a medical herbalist and practitioner of Ayurveda for over 20 years.
What To Expect
There is plenty of knowledge in this program (over 3.5 hours). It walks you through core Ayurvedic and Chinese Medicine principles to help prevent disease and limit the signs and effects of aging.
It feels like Todd is sitting on your front porch explaining everything to you. What’s great is that the course is divided into modules so you can work your way through at your own pace.
When you log into the course, on the left-hand side, you’ll see each module. You can go in order or move ahead to the topics you’re curious about. If you’re new to Ayurveda, it’s a good idea to take the modules one at a time since there are some core concepts and terminology that are explained to help you understand how everything works together.
All you have to do is click play on the video, sit back and learn. If writing helps you remember information you can print out the text companion document (linked underneath the modules) so you can take notes as you go along.
You Will Learn:
- Ayurveda’s unique perspective on aging and how to keep disease at bay
- A list of Chinese and Ayurvedic herbs for rejuvenation
- Ayurvedic cleansing and detoxification to fortify you against aging
- Learn about Ayurvedic Rasayanas, the science of lengthening your lifespan
- Explore Chinese Medicine’s approach to Qi (Vital Essence)
- A holistic perspective and pathology for Dementia, Cardiovascular Disease, and Arthritis
- The ideal daily and seasonal routine to live a long, disease-free life
- How much to eat to age well
- Practices to reduce stress
- Plus more
The over-arching concept is to reduce the physical and mental suffering associated with aging by implementing the ancient concepts of Ayurveda and Chinese Medicine
Pros of Ayurveda and Anti-Aging Program
- Video learning modules so you can watch at your own pace
- Ability to jump around to the modules that interest you most
- “Text Companion” document so you can go back to reference important information and learn by reading if that’s what you like better
- A Holistic approach to anti-aging that includes beauty and wellness
- You can stream the videos online and/or download the videos to save them for later
Cons of Ayurveda and Anti-Aging Program
- There is some foundational Ayurvedic theory that may be more than what you wanted to know. This is not a “put this moisturizer on and watch your wrinkles disappear” type of thing. If that is what you are looking for, then this program is not for you.
- There’s not a written “plan” to follow in the traditional sense. The teachings are more suggested lifestyle changes to affect a significant shift in the process of illness and disease associated with aging.
If you’ve ever wanted to learn more about Ayurveda or Chinese Medicine for wellness and anti-aging, this course is worth diving into.
You will learn Ayurvedic and Traditional Chinese Medicine concepts and insightful applications of those concepts to help you age much slower. You’ll also get a handy guide for terminology used in the course.
This is a useful introduction and overview to Ayurveda. The vibe is like having a knowledgeable friend teaching you everything they know about the sacred sciences. It is refreshing compared to your typical e-learning platform. But if you have a “Type A” personality, you may prefer a more instructive approach.
Be prepared to take in, process, and apply the information on your own. This is not strictly a “how-to” course, but if you’re dedicated to implementing holistic practices in your life it won’t be much of a leap for you to use this course as a launching pad. If you are interested in becoming empowered to refine your diet and lifestyle habits to live a longer, healthier life, you will love the Ayurveda & Anti-Aging Course
I hope I have sufficiently covered anything you may want to know about the Ayurveda and Anit-aging course. If you have any questions or comments, please do not hesitate to ask in the comment area below.