An Easy Guide to Using Ayurveda in Western Daily Life.
Enter your Name & Email to .
But in this fun variation of the traditional Caprese salad, we replace the classic tomato with strawberries and then pair it with a rich balsamic glaze and skewer it!
This quick and easy appetizer is sure to be a hit at your Memorial Day gathering. If you love the traditional Caprese, made with tomatoes, you'll love everything about these sweet and savory Strawberry Skewers. This appetizer is easy and delicious!
Strawberry Caprese Skewers With Balsamic Glaze
Strawberry Caprese Skewers with Balsamic Glaze
- 16 smaller fresh strawberries, washed and cut across the width, hull intact
- 32 medium fresh basil leaves, washed and patted dry
- 16 mini Mozzarella balls
- 1 cup Balsamic Vinegar
- 2 tbsp High-quality extra virgin olive oil to drizzle
- Thread the top of one strawberry onto a wooden skewer with the hull facing up. Next, fold one basil leaf in half, dark side facing out, and add it to the skewer. Add one mini-mozzarella ball, followed by another folded basil leaf, and the bottom half on the strawberry.
- Repeat Step #1 with the remaining strawberries, basil, and Mozzarella until you have 16 completed skewers. Arrange on a serving platter and set aside.
- To prepare the glaze, add balsamic vinegar to a small saute pan over medium-high heat. Cook, stirring frequently, until the vinegar is reduced to about 1/3 of its original volume.
- Remove glaze from heat and let cool slightly. Drizzle over the skewers, along with some extra virgin olive oil, if desired. Serve immediately. Enjoy!