You can easily find tomatillo salsa verde in a jar at your local market, but it's so much better when you make it fresh yourself.
Garden salsa verde is something my family never turns down, especially in summer months after we harvest fresh tomatillos. We love the spicy, tangy, roasted-tomatillos goodness you won't find in a jar.
This tasty, versatile salsa can be used just about anywhere you'd use traditional tomato salsa. Use it to enliven any meal or dish.
Serve it with tortilla chips or stir it into your favorite soup and chili recipes for a delicious flavor.
Garden Fresh Salsa Verde Recipe
Garden-Fresh Salsa Verde
This tasty, versatile salsa can be used just about anywhere you'd use traditional tomato salsa.
- 1 lb Tomatillos
- 2 Medium Jalapeno peppers
- 3-4 cloves Fresh garlic, peeled
- 2 Tbsp Olive Oil Extra virgin & organic
- 4 Green onions chopped
- 1/4 Cup Fresh cilantro leaves
- 1/4 Cup Fresh lime juice
- 2 Tsp Cumin Ground
- 2 Tsp Oregano
- 1 Tbsp Maple syrup optional
- Sea salt and black pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400F and line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper on a Silpat baking mat. Set aside
- Hust tomatillos and cut in half. Arrange tomatillos in a single layer on a prepared baking sheet, along with whole jalapeno peppers and garlic cloves. Drizzle with olive oil and toss gently to coat.
- Place baking sheet in preheated oven for 15-20 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Remove from the oven and let cool for several minutes.
- Once cool enough to handle, cut jalapeno peppers in half and remove seeds before transferring the roasted veggies to a blender or food processor. Add green onion, cilantro, lime juice, ground cumin, and oregano. Pulse until ingredients are combined, but the mixture is still a little chunky.
- Taste and add a drizzle to maple syrup to sweeten, if desired. Season with salt and black pepper to taste, and serve immediately or freeze for later use. Enjoy
Live an Ayurveda Lifestyle
An Easy Guide to Using Ayurveda in Western Daily Life.
Enter your Name & Email to .