Last Updated on
Garden-Fresh Salsa Verde
- 1 lb Tomatillos
- 2 Medium Jalapeno peppers
- 3-4 cloves Fresh garlic, peeled
- 2 Tbsp Olive Oil Extra virgin & organic
- 4 Green onions chopped
- 1/4 Cup Fresh cilantro leaves
- 1/4 Cup Fresh lime juice
- 2 Tsp Cumin Ground
- 2 Tsp Oregano
- 1 Tbsp Maple syrup optional
- Sea salt and black pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400F and line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper on a Silpat baking mat. Set aside
- Hust tomatillos and cut in half. Arrange tomatillos in a single layer on a prepared baking sheet, along with whole jalapeno peppers and garlic cloves. Drizzle with olive oil and toss gently to coat.
- Place baking sheet in preheated oven for 15-20 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Remove from the oven and let cool for several minutes.
- Once cool enough to handle, cut jalapeno peppers in half and remove seeds before transferring the roasted veggies to a blender or food processor. Add green onion, cilantro, lime juice, ground cumin, and oregano. Pulse until ingredients are combined, but the mixture is still a little chunky.
- Taste and add a drizzle to maple syrup to sweeten, if desired. Season with salt and black pepper to taste, and serve immediately or freeze for later use. Enjoy