My mind can find gazillion reasons every morning why I don't need to meditate. Even though I know all about the benefits, the voice in my head resists with “You don't have time to do nothing!” But then I remember the old Zen saying…
You should sit in meditation for 20 minutes a day unless you're too busy; then you should sit for an hour
As the name suggests… Zen12 Meditation claims to give you all the benefits of one hour of meditation in just 12 minutes. Therefore, it's for people who are short on time, have excessive mental chatter, are getting slow results, but want the benefits of meditation.
Zen12 Review Quick-Look
Product & Company
Program – Zen 12 Meditation
Company – Inspire3, London, UK
- 48 Meditations with Brainwave Entrainment
- 1 Year program (one level per month)
- 12 Levels that take you progressively deeper
- 4 Formats: *Relaxation music *Guided meditation *Nature sounds, *White noise
- First level is free
- 1 Year money-back satisfaction guarantee
$$ Price $$
$37 (After $50 Discount voucher)
How Zen12 works
Zen12 uses brainwave entrainment. (More on this in a moment).
Your brain consists of 100 billion brain cells. Each of those cells talks to each other using little spikes of electricity. As a result, this pattern is measured using an EEG machine.
Live an Ayurveda Lifestyle
An Easy Guide to Using Ayurveda in Western Daily Life
Enter your Name & Email to .
These patterns are represented as a “frequency.” Furthermore, we use different names for each frequency range and call them beta, delta, and alpha.
Right now, you are conscious and alert, so you're most likely in the beta range of 12-30 Hz. (Hertz, meaning cycles per second). But, when you're asleep, you're in the delta range of 0-4Hz.
Similarly, meditation has a ‘signature' frequency too. Scientists can see that the more advanced the meditation, the deeper the brainwave frequencies. Hence, The deeper the brainwave frequencies, the more significant the benefits in your life.
The problem is, it can take years to train yourself to access those deeper frequencies of meditation. Instead, you either find it's too complicated to quiet your mind, or you fall asleep.
This is were brainwave entrainment comes in.
What is Brainwave Entrainment?
Brainwave entrainment is an area of science that's been heavily researched over the past 100 years. Here's how it works…
Imagine striking a tuning fork, and holding another tuning fork next to it. What happens? The second tuning fork starts vibrating at the same frequency as the first.
Similarly, the same thing happens with the brain. It plays “follow the leader.” Thus, if you expose it to a particular frequency, the brain follows that frequency. This science is known as brainwave entrainment.
The folks at Zen12 created a form of stimulation using frequencies associated with super-deep meditation. In this case, MP3 audio files using isochroic tones or binaural beats deliver that frequency.
Zen12 Offers Four Audio Formats (all included)
There are 12 levels included in Zen12. Each level helps you meditate deeper to bring greater benefits. For this reason, there are 12 levels in the entire year long program.
However, If you are already a pro meditator, you can skip straight to the more advanced levels.
Each level has four different formats catering to the needs of different people. Accordingly, you can choose what you like best or change it up so you don't get bored.
Relaxation music – For those who love to de-stress in a spa-like ambiance
Guided Meditation – For those who want to be guided to a deeper sense of relaxation.
White Noise – For those who like the fuzzy sound. (Good if you live in a city to block out noise).
Nature Sounds – For those that like the sound of water, birds chirping, night sounds, etc.,
When I began using Zen12, I was out of my routine due to traveling and being away from home.
I'd been working extra long hours, grieving over the loss of a family member, and dealing with some other issues that were causing me to think a lot. Let's just say, I wasn't my best self.
Generally, I've been meditating most mornings for over 12 years. Yet, I was just introduced to Zen12 a few months ago.
For the most part, I use it in the late afternoon when I need a break from work. Most interesting, Zen12 relaxes and simultaneously stimulates me. It helps me to reset so that I can shift gears into the evening after a day's work. I also enjoy Karl Moore's voice (founder of Zen12). Above all, I find it soothing, and he seems to know just when to pause to create a feeling of deep relaxation in me.
Most of all, I'm pretty sure brainwave entrainment isn't a myth. Furthermore, I did the research and experienced the affects for myself. As a result, I can feel deeper states of clarity happening. I'm for anything that works!!
Pros vs Cons
- Scientific studies to support it's authenticity
- It's as easy as putting on headphones
- Do it anywhere anytime (The company claims you need to listen only 3-4 times per week). But, I recommend a session in the morning and another in the evening before bed for best results.
- Gifts the benefits of one hour of meditation in just 12 minutes
- Can be squeezed into even the busiest day
- Offers a one-hour initial training call (in the form of a pre-recorded video)
- Budget-friendly (You get 48 different meditation for $87 – BUT you get a $50 discount if you go with the Premium option.
- Email support
- 100% money back guarantee within one year, if you are not satisfied. (No questions asked).
- Two bonus gifts – The Secret Art of Self-Development and The 18 Rules of Happiness (with audio versions)
- User Manual and Quick Start Guide- The story and science behind Zen12 + learn how to use it to the max.
- I didn't like the white noise (but this is a personal preference). Also, I've found certain people are better visualizers than others. In this case, non-visualizers may have difficulty following along. (But there are other options for you if this is true for you.)
- For the most part, it takes time and you need to be patient to complete all 12 levels.
- Also, there's no telephone customer support. Instead, it took two days to get my questions answered via email.
In conclusion, I'm totally enjoying Zen12. However, I've had a few inner earthquakes lately, and I it's been a blessing to have extra support. For the most part, it's helped me to relax and let go of mental chatter. As a result, I feel a deeper sense of clarity that all is well.
I also like that there's 100 years of science behind the program that I can tap into. Simultaneously, I like knowing my brainwaves are training to reach deeper frequencies. Above all, it's easy for me and just takes 12 minutes so I can easily incorporate it into my day!
I hope I've helped you decide if Zen12 is right for you. It doesn't cost any money to give it a test drive. With this in mind, if you want to try the full program use the voucher code VZ54YTD6 during check out. In short, that will give you $50 off, making the whole package $37. The company has a 100% money back guarantee.
Don't hesitate to ask me questions in the comment area below. Above all, I'm here to help you out. I will be sure to get back within “hours” most of the time.