Now that the holidays and festive indulgences are over, it’s time to kick start the New Year and start working towards your New Year’s resolutions. However, deciding that you want to lose weight or eat healthy this year is not enough. Instead what you need to do is start taking specific actions to help you achieve these goals.
In this article, I’m going to tell you how to make green tea taste better so you can start drinking more green tea to enhance your overall health and help you lose weight.
Why Green Tea?
Green tea is one of the most talked-about health foods on the planet. However, unlike most healthy foods that get lots of media attention, green tea lives up to the hype. The reason green tea is so good for you is that it’s packed full of a group of health-boosting nutrients called flavan-3-ols. These flavan-3-ols in green tea have numerous benefits in the human body which include:
- Keeping your blood healthy
- Keeping your heart healthy
- Minimizing the severity of allergies
- Protecting against cancer
- Strengthening your immune system
Drinks To Substitute For Green Tea
One of the biggest mistakes people make when trying to stay fit and healthy is not paying attention to their liquid calories. They’ll count the calories they eat with scientific precision but then they’ll go and gulp down a sugar-filled drink without thinking twice.
Green tea contains zero calories, so if you’re currently guilty of not paying attention to your liquid calories, drinking more green tea can cut the amount you consume and help you lose weight. So, if you drink any of the following drinks on a regular basis, substitute them for a cup of green tea and watch the pounds melt away:
- Store-bought coffees
How To Make Green Tea Taste Better
Although green tea is very good for you and can help you lose weight, many people find the grassy taste overpowering. So, if you’re not a huge fan of the natural taste of green tea, try one of the serving suggestions below:
- Green Tea With Honey & Lemon: While your green tea is steeping, add a slice of lemon and a teaspoon of honey to the cup to infuse it with a sweet, citrus flavor.
- Green Tea Smoothie: Place a chilled cup of green tea into a blender along with a selection of your favorite fruits and blend all the ingredients until they’re frothy for a sweet, fruity green tea smoothie.
- Iced Green Tea: Place some green tea leaves along with a selection of your favorite fruits and herbs into a bowl. Then add hot water to the bowl and let the ingredients steep for 5 minutes. After 5 minutes, strain the mixture into a large jug and chill it in the fridge for at least 1 hour to create a refreshing iced green tea.
- Or try this recipe with ACV and lime juice.
While green tea is something of an acquired taste, drinking it can help boost your health in countless ways. Plus, since it contains zero calories, the more green tea you drink, the less liquid calories you’ll consume and the more weight you’ll lose.
So get the kettle boiling, brew up a cup of this hot healthy drink and start taking your first steps towards achieving your health and fitness-based New Year’s resolutions today.