What is Gum Disease?
Gum disease starts when plaque builds up along and underneath the gum line. This is a sticky substance filled with bacteria. The earliest stage of gum disease is gingivitis, which is when the gum tissue starts to become inflamed. As these symptoms worsen, it can lead to a more serious stage of gum disease known as periodontal disease. This condition can result in swollen gum tissue and loss of bone, which can lead to eventual tooth loss.
Signs of Gum Disease
- Bleeding gums when you brush or floss
- Tender, red or swollen gums
- Recurring bad breath or a bad taste in your mouth
- Pain or discomfort when chewing foods
- Loose teeth
- Receding gums
- Pus around the teeth and gums
- Teeth that feel overly sensitive to hot or cold temperatures
As soon as you begin experiencing any symptoms of gum disease, you should visit your dentist before it advances further.
How to Get Healthy Gums Naturally
Proper Oral Hygiene
10 Simple Ways to Balance Your Hormones the Natural Way
HELP IS WITHIN REACH - TAKE THE NEXT STEP
Enter your Name & Email to .